We recently had a chance to speak with one of our favorite local DJ’s, DJ Toro from 92.3 Now! This Brooklyn native, is now the host of 92.3’s 5 O’Clock Rollout everyday at 5pm, the first ever weekday mix show! In addition to being one of the HOTTEST DJ’s in New York City, DJ Toro loves to give back to others. He is constantly doing fundraisers for teens and is involved in the Make A Wish Foundation. Keep reading for more information on DJ Toro!
Name: DJ Toro
Occupation: On air personality DJ
Hometown: Brooklyn NY
- Did you attend the Prom? Yes of course it’s one of the events in a teenager’s life they should not miss for the world! My prom was pretty fun but I was the usual kid just went for the food and then went to an after party.
- What are you working on these days? I work at my radio station full time on production and mix shows for the station.
- What is your favorite part about being a 92.3 Now DJ? It’s my dream I love what I do.
- What would your advice be for the Class of 2012? Well when I do a teen party I tell all the kids,” Don’t allow someone to tell you who you can or cannot be! But don’t mess up!”
- Tell us about some of your favorite hobbies, pastimes or charitable organizations you’re involved with? Hobbies are video games when I get the time to play, basketball and softball as well. As far as Charitable organizations I am a huge participant with Make A Wish and I also do an event ever year called Stuff a Bus where I stuff buses with toys and donate them to Toys for Tots.
Take a look at this video for a sneak peek at the 5 O’Clock Roll out!